Friday 25 April 2014

GIVING YOUR CHILD AN EARLY START TO SUCCESS II - READ THIS EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH TEMILOLUWA ONILOGBO


In this interview, Temiloluwa talks about his passion and interests. He is a teenager who is passionate about drawing, designing and the sciences. Read this interview to find out more about him, his interests and his advice to other teenagers yet to find out their passion. Enjoy!


Please can we get to know you?

My name is Temiloluwa Onilogbo, I’m 15 years old and I’m in my fifth year of high school.

Temiloluwa's work









What is your major in school (Sciences or Arts)?

I don’t really know what a major is – haha – but my favourite subjects in school are maths, the sciences (especially Chemistry) and art.


Why science?

Sciences are basically Maths applied to real life, especially in Physics, and I really enjoy Maths and the interesting experiments in subjects like Chemistry. I’m quite good at Maths (I got a Gold Award in this year’s UKMT Intermediate Maths Challenge) which is why I’m going to take it along with Physics, Chemistry, French and Psychology for my A-Levels after GCSEs in pursuit of an engineering course at University.

     
Why Engineering?

I will probably go for Chemical Engineering because I really like science and it’s something that I would want to do. Also, it pays well – haha.


What do you love doing during your free time?

Generally, I like to play sports like basketball and tennis with my friends; I really like drawing and painting and do it a lot. I sing in a rock band as well as play the bass guitar and keyboard.


 How do you put your skills to use?

I’ve been playing the bass guitar for two years now and I play it in my church’s praise band.


You mentioned something about really loving to draw and design? Can you tell us more about this interest? When did you start drawing and designing?

I’ve been drawing more seriously since I was 11 years old and I draw influenced mainly by the Japanese manga/anime style like in shows such as Naruto. I do a lot of random designs but I am also in the process of writing a manga of my own. I even have a Facebook page: T3MILOL’s Drawings and Stuff at https://www.facebook.com/t3milol .





Temiloluwa's work
 Where did you learn it?

For the most part, I learnt how to draw things from taking photographs as well as from my Art teachers in school. In terms of the manga style, I get that mostly from TV and manga I read.


Did you get enough sufficient knowledge from school or you went for some more training?

In my school, they don’t teach the style that I use the most so I learn by myself using books and watching YouTube videos. My favourite artists on there include Mark Crilley, Whyt Manga and Sophie-chan.


What tools/software do you use in drawing and designing?

To make the drawings and paintings, I use a range of media, including traditional watercolour paints for example as well as digital programs such as Photoshop and Manga Studio.


Do you do creative work for people?

I have done some design work for people – designing logos for T-shirts; leaflets and flyers – but I haven’t actually worked for pay before.


Who encourages you to do the things you love? You say you are preparing for your GCSEs, how do you get the time to do things you love in the midst of school work?

My parents and people in my church who know about my artwork support me to carry on. In terms of how I find time, I just make sure I crack on with my work so I have spare time.


What is your advice for other young people who are yet to realize what they are good at or are passionate about?

I would just say that even if you don’t know now, when you find that there’s something that you’re good at, you find yourself doing a lot or something you really like, then you should work at it and then see how far you go.


Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment